There is no arguing with the fact that an acrylic kitchen splashback has many advantages over glass. Though they may look the same, they are totally different from each other in terms of different aspects, including durability, hygiene, versatility, and shine. The acrylic splashbacks are available on the market in different shapes and sizes. Whether you prefer an antique-looking or colored splashback, it can offer you a number of benefits. For a complete transformation, you will need to choose the right design, texture, and color that perfectly suit your space.
Following are the benefits of using acrylic splashbacks.
1. Highly Versatile: For those who don’t know, the acrylic material can be cut and molded very easily in order to correspond to your needs. Regardless of the size of the splashback, the best part about acrylic splashbacks is that they are quite easy to process and it will look great. Even if the place has a rugged shape, the acrylic material can still be cut to fit that shape properly and most importantly, it will offer a beautiful look to your space.
2. Durable: Another benefit that an acrylic kitchen splashback offers is none other than durability. The acrylic material is highly resistant and is quite tougher compared to its glass counterpart when it comes to withstanding impact. Additionally, as compared to glass splashback, the acrylic splashback is very difficult to scratch. So when you install it, you can be sure that it is going to maintain a beautiful look for the upcoming years.
3. Hygiene: The acrylic material is very easy to clean and does not harbor bacteria. If you are looking to install into your kitchen, it is also a certified food grade material, something that means that it will not leach any harmful substances. When the food comes into contact with the acrylic splashback, you should not have anything to worry about because it will not affect the health of your family members.
4. Light in Weight: Always keep this in mind that the best acrylic splashback will have approximately half the weight of the same panel made of glass material. This would ultimately make it easy to carry and install and most importantly, making it more impact-resistant.
5. No Fading: When you buy an acrylic kitchen splashback, you also do not need to worry about fading. And the reason behind this is that both printed and colored kitchen splashbacks are highly resistant to fading with time. The acrylic material is made of can sustain colors, meaning that there is no need to worry about replacement aspect.